What type of finishes do you prefer when it comes to nail polish?
- I prefer creme finish above all!
- I like jelly finishes but they can be a bitch in application as some need as many as 4 coats!
- I think I have more glass flecked polishes than I do shimmer. I’m very picky when it comes to shimmers!
- My all time favorite flakie polish is Sally Hansens “Hidden Treasures” which I have 2 bottles of!
- If I could get my hands on the China Glaze OMG collection, I’d be in holographic heaven! Love holos!
Are you a fan of glitter?
- I used to hate glitter polish until my own mother started wearing a dupe to OPI’s “Teenage Dream” last year! When I saw how beautiful it was on her hands, I had to try it. Now, I love glitter!
- I’m a little picky about glitter in that I don’t like big chunky glitter. For me, the smaller and finer, the better. I also like glitter to be just one overall color though I can make exceptions when it comes to OPI’s Burlesque collection.
What is your preference? Long or short nails?
- I keep my nails super short! That started when I started taking massage therapy classes years ago. We were required to cut our nails as short as possible. After that, it just stuck with me. Another reason I still keep them short is that I hated it when my long nails would get stuck in between the keys on my keyboard. I don’t like typing with nails, I prefer typing with my fingertips!
What nail shape do you prefer?
- For me, round is my favorite. I abhor square tips. Worse, I abhor square tipped french manicures. Sorry, but those be pornstar nails to me and look fake and tacky!
List the brands you use and how you feel about them?
For consistantly putting out the best colors at a very reasonable price!!! Can’t beat Sally’s Beauty club member price of $4.99!
I don’t buy a lot of OPI as it does tend to be pricey at over $8. I usually only get it if it’s a color that I just can’t ignore or haven’t seen anywhere else.
I have yet to use an Orly polish that doesn’t chip on me after 3 days! I love “Space Cadet” and some of the other ones I have but dammit, stop chipping!
I want to love this brand,…more but only if it would bring back the Nail prisms or magical lines! Otherwise, it’s decent but the color selection sometimes tends to be a bit boring for me.
I love this brand! I hate that I can only find it at Walmart AND at only one Walmart in my area now! On top of that, it doesn’t get restocked often. But for $2/bottle, the color selection is wonderful! Both my mom and me love this brand.
I never have any problems with the application of this brand!
The perpetual Buy One Get 2nd 50% off sale of cosmetics at this store is hard to pass up! They have awesome glitters which I love in colors I don’t always see till a few months later in the drugstores (like the Sinful Colors line).
I have a love/hate relationship with this brand. Sometimes, the polish will turn out beautifully and other times, it’s utter crap on nails. For $1.99, you definitely get what you paid for.
I only have 2 polishes from this brand and one of them was a green jelly that stained my nails. Not good but hoping the other polish will be better. Wow, I did not know this brand was made by Color Club!
Wet ‘n Wild
The Wild Shine Black polish is the most amazing one coat black polish I’ve tried! Loooove it! 99 cents!
Some of the other polishes stained my nails so it’s kind of a give or take with this brand.
Another Love/Hate relationship with this brand!! I bought Perplex for $1 at Big Lots and was so eager to use it! When I did, damn thing kept chipping after 2 days! I also had the same problem with other Revlon polishes!
Only other polishes I don’t have a problem with are the Sweetly Seductive fizz ones. I use those for layering since they are glass flecked.
So far, no problems with this cheap brand!! 99 cents to $1.99 for polishes and most in a creme finish! I’m wearing Essence Fairytale in “Once upon a time” on my nails as I type this!
Cremes from this brand are awesome! I have the Alter Ego collection I bought a long time ago from Ross for $7.99. I just love it!
It’s owned by Color Club and a whole lot cheaper individually if you’re lucky to catch them at Ross! $1.99/bottle and usually in creme finishes. I have 4 of them. I heard they are dupes to the American Apparel polishes. We have an AA store in Memphis but it’s downtown and I don’t want to drive there and spend over $7 on a polish.
Overall, the polishes are ok but don’t last very long. Chipped after 3 days.
Forever 21 “Love & Beauty” line
Amazing quality for such a cheap brand at $2.80 each! I know that it’s really LA Girls that makes the polishes but I can’t purchase LA Girls anywhere else. Love the cremes from this brand too!
I have a few from this line. So far, they are ok but I’d like to try more!
NYX doesn’t make this brand anymore so you can find it in independent beauty supply stores or on Cherry Culture and other websites.
I find it for $1 at the local beauty stores. So far, I’ve bought just a couple of cremes and they are pretty nice!
OMG, the WORST drugstore polish in my opinion! Every damn Maybelline polish I have ever used has a fucked up brush! Worse, the polish chips after a day! NEVER AGAIN, MAYBELLINE!
There are a couple other brands I have used but I only have 1 polish from them so no point in posting about them. Overall, I always try to keep under $5 when it comes to polishes because of my limited budget (jobless right now!). I tend to share polishes with my mom as she’s gotten into them so it works out.
I really don’t feel the need nor see the need to buy high end polishes (even if I did have the money) because all polishes will chip or wear down eventually! For me, it’s totally ridiculous to spend $20+ on a polish! All polishes have the same ingredients, basically!
So, that’s my blurb on nail polishes!